Sales Tax Connector
Standard Sales Order
For the purpose of illustrating how Avalara AvaTax Tax Calculation when integrated with SmarterCommerce a "standard order" is one where there are no errors or exceptions and that the following prerequisite steps are complete:
1. Go to P4008 (Work with Tax Rate/Areas) to define Tax Area Code for Sales Order to calculate AvaTax. This Tax Area name must be the same as SmarterCommerce Constant AVATAXAR and must be set to 0%
2. Go to PQ670004 (Work with SmarterCommerce Constants) to define all constants which are used for Avalara AvaTax.
3. Go to P00004A (User Defined Codes -Work with User Defined Codes) to define UDC’s for AvaTax.
4. Go to PQ67ATSY (Company Settings) to define the companies and connections for AvaTax.
Tax Calculation uses the origin (outbound branch plant address associated to order level line unless line type is determined to be a drop ship line) and destination address (ship to address associated to order level line or ship to address override for entire order if one exists) to determine the proper tax rate per order.
To process a Sales Order with Avalara AvaTax Get Tax Calculation complete the following steps. This example will be demonstrated using the P4210 Order Entry application.
Enter sales order verifying tax related fields, to execute Avalara AvaTax Get Tax calculation, set the Tax Rate/Area field of the order lines equal to the value defined in ATTAXAREAC constant. A tax rate/area set to <blank> or any value other than value found in constant will bypass call to Avalara AvaTax Get Tax calculation. Once all detail lines have been entered as desired press OK. The Order Acceptance screen will be presented.
Once the tax rate and amount returned by Avalara AvaTax Tax Calculation are displayed you are ready to place the order (please note that if you are using P42101 to enter orders you can see this information on the Order Summary tab). The sales order will be recorded for further processing.
If desired, inquire on the order and use the Online Invoice row exit to review the tax amount calculated.
Continue to process the order through to Invoice Print (R42565).
This Section Also Contains
- Sales Order Information Flow
- Sales Order Using Call Center
- Sales Order with Non-Taxable Detail Line
- Direct Ship Sales Order
- Sales Order with Credit Card Payment
- Sales Order with PayPal Payments
- Sales Order in Foreign Currency
- Processing Taxable Sales Order with Transportation Management
- Sales Invoice Consolidation
- Credit Order
- Invoice Processing and Sales Update Report
- Avalara AvaTax Errors
- Avalara AvaTax Transaction Information