Latest smarter newsStay updated with the latest SmarterCommerce news, product release dates and events
Stoner Increases Productivity and Improves Cash Flow with Integrated Credit Card Processing
Founded in the 1940 and located in Pennsylvania, Stoner, Inc. manufactures a wide range of over 300 specialized cleaners, lubricants, and coatings for both business-to-business and consumer applications including the manufacturing military fighter jet engines, submarine components, and parts for the NASA space shuttle as well as electronic cleaners to help maintain telecommunications equipment, computers, office equipment, and money handling machines.
The company’s strong history of innovation and quality resulted its being awarded the prestigious Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award in 2003.
Following a comprehensive evaluation of several e-commerce and credit card processing providers for JD Edwards, Stoner selectedSmartCommerce E-Commerce, Email Communications, Credit Card Processing, and Address/Card Security Code Validation solutions because of:
- High-degree of integration with JD Edwards
- Improved efficiency of credit card processing
- Near-$0 cost handling of web orders into JD Edwards
- Ability to utilizes and leverages its existing web product catalog and content
- Overall value proposition of the solution
- Fixed fee/ fixed scope proposal and speed of implementation
- Degree of fit with its requirements
Implementation Process-Rapid and Comprehensive
Stoner implemented SmartCommerce E-Commerce and Credit Card Processing in an accelerated two-phase efforts spanning just over a just 60 days as follows:
- Phase 1- Credit Card automation for Call Center Customer Service orders
- Phase 2- E-Commerce and Credit Card to automate web storefront ordering processes while leverage Stoner’s existing product content
The project was completed on-time and on-budget in line with Premier fixed-scope, fixed-fee service solution.
A Rewarding Partnership
With Premier, Stoner has established an important partnership to extend its JD Edwards applications and take control of its web and phone customer service processes. “SmartCommerce E-Commerce and Credit Card has delivered increased automation and productivity across the order-to-cash process and with Premier, we have a very responsive partner that has consistently provided high quality service and support” indicated Mr. Jon Farrell.
Vice President of Finance
In these uncertain times, it is crucial for organizations to process payments in the most cost-sensitive fashion, and stay focused on the timely collection of outstanding customer receivables balances.