Founded in the 1940 and located in Pennsylvania, Stoner, Inc. manufactures a wide range of over 300 specialized cleaners, lubricants, and coatings for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer applications including the manufacturing of military fighter jet engines, submarine components, and parts for NASA space shuttles, as well as electronic cleaners to help maintain telecommunications equipment, computers, office equipment, and money handling machines.
The company’s strong history of innovation and quality resulted in its being awarded the prestigious Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award in 2003.
Following a comprehensive evaluation of several e-commerce and credit card processing providers for JD Edwards, Stoner selected SmarterCommerce E-Commerce, Email Communications, Credit Card Processing, and Address/Card Security Code Validation solutions because of:
- High-degree of integration with JD Edwards
- Improved efficiency of credit card processing
- Near-$0 cost handling of web orders into JD Edwards
- Ability to utilize and leverage its existing web product catalog and content
- Overall value proposition of the solution
- Fixed fee/ fixed scope proposal and speed of implementation
- Degree of fit with its requirements
Implementation Process - Rapid and Comprehensive
Stoner implemented SmarterCommerce E-Commerce and Credit Card Processing in an accelerated two-phase efforts spanning just over 60 days as follows:
- Phase 1- Credit Card automation for Call Center Customer Service orders
- Phase 2- E-Commerce and Credit Card to automate web storefront ordering processes while leveraging Stoner’s existing product content
The project was completed on-time and on-budget in line with Premier fixed-scope, fixed-fee service solution.
A Rewarding Partnership
With Premier, Stoner has established an important partnership to extend its JD Edwards applications and take control of its web and phone customer service processes. "SmarterCommerce E-Commerce and Credit Card has delivered increased automation and productivity across the order-to-cash process and with Premier, we have a very responsive partner that has consistently provided high quality service and support,” indicated Mr. Jon Farrell.
Vice President of Finance